035: Lessons From A Successful Forex Day Trader – Casey Stubbs
Lessons From A Successful Forex Day Trader – Show Notes
Episode 35 of the Desire To Trade Podcast features Casey Stubbs, a successful Forex day trader and the man behind Winner’s Edge Trading.
On a typical day, Casey usually starts his routines around 6:30 am EST and is done with trading by noon. He specializes on trading the EUR/USD pair and uses fairly simple trading strategies described in this episode.
Upon finishing his trading day, Casey has the rest of the day for his other occupations: spending time with his family and running his website. That’s what the day of a successful Forex day trader looks like.
During the interview, Casey mentions the fact that traders must have their own trading strategies. Copying other traders’ systems isn’t a way to become consistently profitable. Aspiring Forex traders must begin to learn as much as possible. Then, they personalize their trading strategies. In my experience, that last part helps a lot to stick to one strategy.
As his last piece of advice, Casey mentioned the idea of trading small position sizes in order until becoming consistently profitable. Only then can Forex traders start to increase their position size.
What’s covered in the podcast?
- The difference between simple and complicated trading strategies
- How Forex traders can easily get support
- Casey’s biggest mistakes as a Forex trader
- The main objective for a successful Forex day trader (it’s not making money!)
- What happens just before you finally stick to ONE trading strategy
- What keeps Casey motivated each day to stay in the game
- And so much more…