071: Holiday Special with Full-Time Retail Trader Houston Truong
Houston Truong: Holiday Special with A Full-Time Retail Trader
Episode 71 of the Desire To Trade Podcast is part of the Holiday special, during which I’m bringing back guests I’ve had previously on the podcast. I selected guests that have made an impact on me throughout the year.
In this episode, I interview Houston Truong, a full-time retail trader who, in the past year, left his job to concentrate only on his activities as a stocks trader.
Houston has made an immense impact on me. He was the one who inspired me to start the Desire To Trade Podcast in September 2015. He also taught me a lot about routines, mindset, and peak performance.
I currently co-host the Montreal Traders Meetup with him, through which we set up in-person events for traders monthly.
In this interview, Houston and I went back to reflect on the year, the one in which Houston left his job to become a full-time retail trader. We also discussed how someone has to go about leaving his job to trade full-time.
Houston is particularly concerned about the topic of continuous learning. Unfortunately, we’ve seen many traders who become consistent, and then stop learning forever. That is not a very wise way to go about it. Instead, traders from all ranges of experience should keep feeding their minds with useful information to keep growing.
It is a fact that markets change, and that makes it necessary for traders to adapt.
Share This!@RealTradingEdge is back on the @DesireToTrade Podcast for a Holiday special! Click To Tweet Knowledge shouldn't be an end. Prioritize skills over knowledge. @RealTradingEdge Click To Tweet
In This Episode, You’ll Learn…
- The things Houston has been doing in the past year.
- How to set up a trading office & the benefits.
- The steps Houston took to leave his job.
- How to continually challenge yourself.
- How to build competence as a trader.
- Why it’s essential to keep learning & how to do it.
- What’s the special Holiday giveaway Houston organizes (exclusive for the Desire To Trade Podcast!).
- And much more!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!
Holiday Giveaway (until Jan. 2nd, 2017)!
DesireToTRADE’s Top Resources
- DesireToTRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template)
- DesireToTRADE Academy