039: Finding Your Own Way To Trade w/ Dave Floyd
Finding Your Own Way To Trade w/ Dave Floyd
In episode 39 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I interview a
stock & Forex trader I really admire named Dave Floyd, the
founder and head of trading at Aspen.
Dave started trading in college while he was in Boston. He first
read Market Wizards, a book showcasing stories of
various successful traders (which I highly recommend!).
The interviewed covered several topics, but one of them highly
resonated with me. It is the idea of finding your own way as a
trader. Once you get through the initial phase of trading, you
begin to understand that copying others isn’t what will help you
succeed. Everybody’s different and two traders almost cannot trade
the exact same way. You must then find your own way as a
Cheat Sheet – Dave Floyd
- Balancing overtrading vs. not trading
- How to go through the hard learning curve of a
trader: it is not about learning strategies from
- The transition between day trading and swing
trading: that was a natural transition for Dave.
- Strategy differences between day trading and swing
trading: find someone or a group that can help you in hard
times and good times.
- The biggest mistakes for Dave as a trader:
hint: the opposite of overtrading…
- Following your gut instinct is important but it’s not
necessarily for beginners.
- The commonalities between traders:
many traders have creative endeavours according to Dave.
- Approaching stock vs. Forex trading: Dave uses
fairly similar approaches.
- Why you MUST develop your own
What is one thing you are going to implement after
listening to this podcast? Leave a comment below, or join me in
The music at the end of the podcast has been produced by Daniel
Hoshor. If you want custom & tailor-made music for your
business, make sure to check him out at http://www.thedannyboiexperience.com.