061: All You Need To Know About Commodity Trading – Carley Garner
Carley Garner: All You Need To Know About Commodity Trading
Show notes: http://www.desiretotrade.com/carley-garner/
In episode 61 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I interview Carley Garner, a commodity and option trader. She is the woman behind DeCarley Trading, an award-winning commodity broker.
Carley have been in the trading business for over 12 years and started with options from day 1.
Carley mentions that option trading is done at a slower pace than other assets such as Forex, stocks, and futures. 90% of options expires worthless. We also discuss option selling, a way to make money on a higher probability with unlimited risk. As an option buyer, the risk is limited but the probability of making a profit is smaller.
Pieces Of Advice
“Be fearful when others are greedy and greed when others are fearful.” CLICK TO TWEET
“There’s not a right or wrong way to trade, just the one you’re comfortable with.” – @CarleyGarner CLICK TO TWEET
Topics Covered – Carley Garner
- How being contrarian can make you a great trader
- Why optons are interesting to trade
- How to trade commodities
- How option selling works
- The biggest mistakes Carley made in trading (good anecdote!)
- The best to start trading options
- How to limit your risk with options
- Decision process of an option trader
- The main commodities traded by Carley
- The main mistakes beginners make (i.e. the lasting power)
- And much more!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!