076: The Best Insights On Trading Price Action – Al Brooks
Al Brooks: The Best Insights On Trading Price Action
In episode 76 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I interview Al Brooks, who you could certainly describe as a professional trader since he left his career as an ophthalmologist several years ago.
Al’s is deliberately focused on trading price action. According to what he describes, he scalps the future market every weekday by reading candlesticks. He believes that there is “significance to every tick that takes place during the day and none of what happens is noise”.
For this new year, I’d love if you can take a few seconds to leave a review on iTunes or Stitcher. Let me know honestly what you think of the podcast because the only way I can improve is through your reviews.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn…
- Al’s story of going from ophthalmologist to professional trader.
- The role of price action in a world with computers & algorithms.
- What motivated Al to learn to trade.
- How Al recommends going about leaving your job and trading full-time.
- Why learning candlesticks alone won’t make you rich – and what to do about it.
- How to use the market statistics to structure your trades.
- Al shares very important percentages here!
- Specific details you need to know when trading price action.
- How Al’s trading differs in a trending market & a sideways market.
- And much more!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!
Al Brooks’ Books
- Trading Price Action Trends: Technical Analysis of Price Charts Bar by Bar for the Serious Trader
- Trading Price Action Reversals: Technical Analysis of Price Charts Bar by Bar for the Serious Trader
- Trading Price Action Trading Ranges: Technical Analysis of Price Charts Bar by Bar for the Serious Trader
- Reading Price Charts Bar by Bar: The Technical Analysis of Price Action for the Serious Trader
DesireToTRADE’s Top Resources
- DesireToTRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template)
- DesireToTRADE Academy