Below are the maximum open lots across all pairs a trader can have at any given time as well as equivalent notional with risk that must not bee exceeded.
- $25K – 2.5 lots with risk – 250K Notional with Risk
- $50K – 5 lots with risk – 500K Notional with Risk
- $100K – 10 lots with risk – 1 million Notional with Risk
- $250K – 25 lots with risk – 2.5 million Notional with Risk
- $500K – 50 lots with risk – 5 million Notional with Risk
- $1 million – 100 lots with risk – 10 million Notional with Risk
When trading with Metals Indexes and other CFDs it's essential to consider their contract specifications to make sure the notional doesn't exceed the maximum notional without risk.
For example, if you are in the $100k plan, you will be able to have 10 open lots with risk available.
If you buy 5 lots of EURUSD at 1.20 and your stop loss is at 1.18, you will have 5 lots on with risk, so you would have 5 still available. If the EURUSD moves up to 1.25, and you update your stop loss to be at 1.20, which would be your open price, you no longer have risk on that trade. So, you would again have 10 lots available, even though you currently have 5 lots open.
If you put on too many trades with risk, then our system will liquidate all trades that currently have risk.
Please note, margin and leverage requirements still apply. So, even though these are the maximum lots that can be traded, it is possible based on the leverage of the account that you may not be able to trade up the maximum.