Mastering Trading Fundamentals – Show Notes
In episode 99 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I interview Troy Bombardia, a hedge fund manager who trades the S&P 500 ETF's based on quantitative models that combine fundamentals and technicals.
What I like a lot about Troy is his emphasis on not being concerned too much by short-term returns. He, with the help of his model, places very few trades a year and has a strong focuses on the long.
Troy came on the podcast to share about what it's like to run a hedge fund as well as how to interpret the markets (Stocks & Forex) with a fundamental perspective.
He described very clearly how someone can start mastering trading fundamentals in the Forex market by looking at one simple thing: the money flow. In other words, where the money is going.
“Work hard, it's not how smart you are. It's about how hard you work” – Troy Bombardia
“If you're not really sure about a trade, don't take that trade.” – Troy Bombardia
In This Episode, You’ll Learn…
- Starting to trade in high school
- How Troy manages his trades to capture the big market movement
- What made Troy decided to go long-term trading the S&P index
- How to adapt to the currency market & mastering trading fundamentals
- The Fundamentals you need to understand in Forex
- How to define the long-term direction of the market & benefiting from it
- The resources to get your news whenever you need them
- And much more!
Market Wizards: Interviews With Top Traders by Jack Schwager
Reminiscences of a Stock Operator by Edwin Lefevre
DesireToTRADE’s Top Resources
- DesireToTRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist (free checklist!)
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template!)
- DesireToTRADE Academy
How To Find Troy Bombardia?
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!