101: Street Smart: Adventures on the Road and in the Markets – Jim Rogers
Street Smart: Adventures on the Road and in the Markets – Show Notes
In episode 101 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I interview legendary investor Jim Rogers, a man with an immense passion for the markets and the discovering world.
Mr. Rogers has been listed in the Guinness Book of World Records twice: once for his 1990-92 world trip covering 100,000 miles across six continents on motorcycle and next for his world trip from 1999-2002 (through 116 countries in a custom-made Mercedes).
Jim Rogers is the author of multiple books, including Street Smart: Adventures on the Road and in the Markets. That book had a big influence on me as Jim describes his experience of traveling through the world while running a hedge fund. It was particularly inspiring to hear about Jim Rogers' adventures around the world, as well as his opinion of Asia vs. America.
Today, Mr. Rogers offers multiple conferences a year, a lot of them being in China. His website contains an updated schedule of his next destinations.
“Think independently” – Jim Rogers (click to tweet)
“If you don't know anything to do, do nothing.” – Jim Rogers (click to tweet)
“I don't look at technical analysis. I don't really know how.” – Jim Rogers
- Why Jim Rogers moved to Singapore 10 years ago
- How Mr. Rogers has learned from the market instead of school
- The lessons Mr. Rogers learned early-on in the markets & why this was a good thing
- How Jim Rogers survived after losing everything in the market
- How to spot opportunities in the market
- Jim Roger's view of Asia & specifically China
- What to do when traveling to learn from the place you are at
- How to do strong research for investing
- The best way to learn according to Jim Rogers & how to keep going
- The benefits of traveling & the worst times
- And much more!
Books by Jim Rogers
DesireToTRADE’s Top Resources
- DesireToTRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist (free checklist!)
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template!)
- DesireToTRADE Academy
How To Find Jim Rogers?
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!