115: $2,000 Days As A Stocks Day Trader After Getting Fired (@BearBullTraders)
$2,000 Days As A Stocks Day Trader After Getting Fired – Show Notes
In episode 115 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I interview Andrew Aziz, a stocks day trader based in Vancouver, Canada.
Andrew is the author of the amazing book How To Day Trade For A Living.
This is probably one of my favorite story shared on the podcast so far. After all, Andrew got very serious about day trading after getting fired from his job as a research scientist.
Covered In This Episode…
“Every day I wake up at 4:30 a.m. but it doesn't bother me. It's my passion.”- Andrew Aziz
- Andrew Aziz's favorite quote about passion [2:10]
- The daily routine of a stocks day trader on the West Coast [3:30]
- How Andrew reacted to receiving an employment termination letter [6:30]
- The learning process Andrew went through [8:44]
- The #1 thing Andrew had to learn to succeed in day trading [10:26]
- The reason why Andrew jumped into day trading [12:25]
- The step-by-step guide for those wanting to day trade [14:45]
- Andrew's top trading strategy: he guides us through a recent trade [17:55]
- How Andrew manages to day trade only 1hr/day [20:35]
- How traders can use video journals for their trading [22:55]
- Daily habits most traders tend to overlook [25:00]
- What Andrew does when he doesn't feel in the right state to trade [28:30]
- Powerful advice applicable to any trader [29:42]
- Listener's question: the best timeframe for day trading [30:20]
- What your job is as a stocks day trader & common mistakes [32:05]
DesireToTRADE Top Resources
- DesireToTRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist (free checklist!)
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template!)
- DesireToTRADE Academy
How To Find Andrew Aziz?
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!