120: From “Stuck In Life” To Profitable Forex Trader (@KarenFoo8)
From “Stuck In Life” To Profitable Forex Trader – Show Notes
In episode 120 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I interview Karen Foo, a Forex trader, motivational speaker, and author. After ranking #1 in a Singapore nationwide Forex trading competition, she came on the podcast to share the lessons she learned prior to becoming a profitable Forex Trader.
Topics Covered In This Episode
- How to manage speaking, trading and building a business [3:00]
- How Karen got involved in trading while doing an engineering internship [4:20]
- The kind of work Karen needed to put in to trade successfully [7:00]
- The lessons Karen Foo learned before becoming profitable [8:20]
- What Karen tells people who want to make a lot of money trading [10:05]
- Karen’s preferred trading style and how to find your style [11:55]
- How Karen manages multiple timeframes [13:05]
- What a day look like in the life of Karen Foo [13:35]
- Nick asks: Exercises to work on your trading psychology [15:13]
- The role of discretion in Karen’s trading [17:10]
- When in the day does Karen trades [17:45]
- What Karen is still working on (continuous improvement example) [18:20]
- How to improve yourself every day [19:30]
- Mary asks: What it takes to become a highly skilled trader [20:30]
- Karen’s journaling process and its importance [22:18]
- What Karen’s trading plan look like [23:18]
- Why patience leads to consistency & how to make it happen [25:20]
More About Karen Foo
Karen is actively involved in speaking at various conferences, seminars, expos, workshops, toastmaster clubs and publicly-held events in Singapore and Malaysia.
Having overcome numerous setbacks in her life, she has gone on to inspire thousands of youths working executives and leaders of various companies to REALIZE THEIR ABSOLUTE WILDEST DREAMS through her INTERACTIVE, INSPIRING AND ENGAGING TALKS. Being labeled as the “quietest student and underachiever” throughout her life, she went on to win numerous awards in public speaking contests, scholarships and hosting large-scale events as an emcee.
She was then featured in various print media for her academic achievements. She has also been invited to speak at an international conference to leaders from Brunei, China, Hong Kong, Laos, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia, Myanmar, and Singapore.
- Book: Market Wizards by Jack Schwager
- Book: Trading from Your Gut by Curtis Faith
- Book The Complete TurtleTrader by Michael W. Covel
DesireToTRADE Top Resources
- Desire To TRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist (free checklist!)
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template!)
- DesireToTRADE Academy
How To Find Karen Foo?
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!