From Restaurant Worker To Full-Time Stocks Trader – Show Notes
In episode 122 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I interview Jason Leavitt, a trader and founder of LeavittBrothers. He came on the podcast to share about his progression from restaurant worker to full-time stocks trader and what helped him succeed.
Topics Covered In This Episode
- What Jason is up to these days 1:30
- How Jason Leavitt transitioned from part-time to full-time trading 2:00
- The moment Jason saw he could go trading full-time 4:30
- How Jason managed the first-month of full-time training 6:00
- The BIG change to make before going to trade full-time (awesome example of self-awareness) 6:57
- Powerful questions to ask yourself throughout the trading day 12:15
- How working in a restaurant fits with trading 14:00
- How Jason Leavitt kept track of his progression & best trade setups 15:09
- How to manage multiple styles of trading & succeed 16:00
- The #1 difference between short-term and long-term trading 18:21
- How Jason Leavitt’s trading style adapted over time 19:13
- What motivated Jason to create his website 20:30
- The work behind his website 22:20
- How looking at the market helps Jason trade better 23:30
- The 3 bullets required to succeed in full-time trading 24:34
- How to know when the market changes 29:08
More About Jason Leavitt
Jason Leavitt is the founder of LeavittBrothers, an advisory service for self-directed traders, and PLcharts.com, a web-based tool that enables option traders to draw profit/loss diagrams.
He started trading in 1999 and went full time in 2002. He's traded stocks, options, and futures in several bull and bear markets and primarily uses technical analysis to analyze the market. Originally from Chicago, Leavitt has also lived in Austin, TX, New York, Boston, Denver and now lives in Costa Rica.
DesireToTRADE Top Resources
- Desire To TRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist (free checklist!)
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template!)
- DesireToTRADE Academy
How To Find Jason Leavitt?
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!