134: Interview With A Currency Trader Living In Paradise (@JAGfx33)
Currency Trader Interview (Living In Paradise)
In episode 134 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I am sitting down for an in-person currency trader interview with daily chart trader Jim Brown.
Living in Da Nang, Vietnam for over 2 years now, Jim has developed a methodology using technical indicators to trade roughly 60 currency pairs on a fairly high timeframe – the daily chart.
This trading methodology allows him to reduce his screen time to less than an hour a day, and thus enjoy the beautiful beaches Vietnam has to offer.
This currency trader interview covers topics such as how to maximize your lifestyle as a trader, tips for trading the daily charts, how to trade multiple currency pairs, and more!
Topics Covered In This Episode
- What Jim Brown is up to [2:30]
- A day in the life of a daily chart Forex trader [3:50]
- How Jim is able to follow 60 currency pairs [6:30]
- How Jim decides what currency pairs to follow [7:55]
- The process of creating custom indicators [12:40]
- How Jim Brown tested his trading strategies [16:00]
- What’s the cost of living in Da Nang, Vietnam as a Forex trader [22:25]
- How Jim handles drawdowns [24:00]
- The common mistakes people make in applying Jim’s strategies (interesting statistics) [26:30]
- What to do after a losing day on tight stop losses [38:30]
- Jim’s daily average screen time [32:05]
- How Jim managed to trade with a full-time job in the past [35:15]
- How long Jim’s daily chart trades remain open on average [39:15]
- And much more…
- Backtesting Software: Forex Tester 3
- Backtesting Expert Advisor for MT4: SoftFx Simulator
- Grab Jim Brown’s books w/ free indicators
DesireToTRADE Top Resources
- Desire To TRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist (free checklist!)
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template!)
- DesireToTRADE Academy (exclusive training program)
How To Find Jim Brown?
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!