138: How To Succeed At Trading For A Living (@stocktcm)
How To Succeed At Trading For A Living
In episode 138 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I interview full-time trader Moritz Czubatinski exploring the topic of how to succeed at trading for a living.
Moritz has been trading for quite some time. He founded Tradeciety and Edgewonk (a pretty cool trading software) together with his business partner Rolf.
Moritz has lived in Asia for 7 years and moved back to Germany to run his businesses. He has also been a day trader and is right now transitioning to swing trading and position trading.
In this podcast, Moritz talks a little bit more about his tactics and some of the uncommon ways that are used to become a profitable trader and to continue growing.
Topics Covered In This Episode
- What he’s doing in Europe these days 2:50
- Living in Asia and trading or working while there 3:58
- His favorite trading and non-trading books 5:10
- What helped him most to become a profitable trader and trade full-time 6:50
- What needs to be on your to-do list if you’re a beginning trader 8:57
- How he became profitable and the things he did 10:38
- His review process 12:53
- What he will tell people to do when everything seems to go wrong 14:20
- Thinking in terms of time 16:27
- Transitioning from day trading to swing trading 18:31
- His best tip for people who don’t have a strategy 19:54
- How he handles drawdown 22:30
- What his ideal setup is 24:02
- Trading with single or many strategies/systems 26:07
- Using volume in stocks 29:08
- His productivity techniques 30:10
- Scheduling his trading time 32:43
- His entry system and recommended timeframe for new or aspiring traders 34:39
- Studying to become better 35:47
- Things that he keeps doing to move forward 37:13
- Accounts he started with 40:20
- What people have to learn about 41:34
- Scenario optimizer/tester in Edgewonk and other features 43:56
- His educational background 48:56
- Best and worst parts of the forex trader lifestyle 50:02
- His thoughts on hedging 50:51
- Different job fields one can take in trading 53:19
- Trade Journaling: Edgewonk
- Book: Technical Analysis of Stock Trends by Robert Edwards & John Magee
- Book: Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
- Book: Portfolio Selection by Harry Markowitz
- Book: The Evaluation and Optimization of Trading Strategies by Robert Pardo
DesireToTRADE Top Resources
- Desire To TRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist (free checklist!)
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template!)
- DesireToTRADE Academy (exclusive training program)
How To Find Moritz Czubatinski?
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!