How To Succeed At Trading For A Living
In episode 138 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I interview full-time trader Moritz Czubatinski exploring the topic of how to succeed at trading for a living.
Moritz has been trading for quite some time. He founded Tradeciety and Edgewonk (a pretty cool trading software) together with his business partner Rolf.
Moritz has lived in Asia for 7 years and moved back to Germany to run his businesses. He has also been a day trader and is right now transitioning to swing trading and position trading.
In this podcast, Moritz talks a little bit more about his tactics and some of the uncommon ways that are used to become a profitable trader and to continue growing.
Topics Covered In This Episode
- What he’s doing in Europe these days
- Living in Asia and trading or working while there
- What helped him most to become a profitable trader and trade full-time
- What needs to be on your to-do list if you’re a beginning trader
- How he became profitable and the things he did
- His review process
- What he will tell people to do when everything seems to go wrong
- Thinking in terms of time
- Transitioning from day trading to swing trading
- His best tip for people who don’t have a strategy
- How he handles drawdown
- What his ideal setup is
- Trading with single or many strategies/systems
- Using volume in stocks
- His productivity techniques
- Scheduling his trading time
- His entry system and recommended timeframe for new or aspiring traders
- Studying to become better
- Things that he keeps doing to move forward
- Accounts he started with
- What people have to learn about
- Scenario optimizer/tester in Edgewonk and other features
- His educational background
- Best and worst parts of the forex trader lifestyle
- His thoughts on hedging
- Different job fields one can take in trading
- Trade Journaling: Edgewonk
- Book: Technical Analysis of Stock Trends by Robert Edwards & John Magee
- Book: Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
- Book: Portfolio Selection by Harry Markowitz
- Book: The Evaluation and Optimization of Trading Strategies by Robert Pardo
DesireToTRADE Top Resources
- Desire To TRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist (free checklist!)
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template!)
- DesireToTRADE Academy (exclusive training program)
How To Find Moritz Czubatinski?
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!