173: Full-Time Quantitative Trader Shares His Secrets (@bullmarketsco)
Full-Time Quantitative Trader Shares His Secrets
In episode 173 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I interview quantitative trader Troy Bombardia from Sydney, Australia. He is a quantitative trader whom I respect because I learned a lot from him.
Throughout the episode, we discuss how to go from manual trading to trading systems. Troy explains his research process and what he does to come up with new trading systems.
One key phrase to keep in mind is “thinking with a systems mentality”. You'll discover how that works in this interview!
Topics Covered In This Episode
- Who Troy Bombardia is and his background [0:59]
- How Troy came up with the idea to build systems [6:35]
- How to develop a system [8:28]
- How to make sure not to overoptimize the parameters in your trading model or system [9:53]
- What the fundamentals for Forex are [13:20]
- Where people should begin in building a system and the pitfalls that they could get into [19:11]
- Using Excel and why it’s good enough as a start [22:01]
- How to make your “moving average” better [25:19]
- What you need to do to become more confident in your system [27:44]
- His opinion on developing a system for Bitcoin [31:32]
- How good traders are able to read data on any chart at any given time [34:34]
- How Troy decides which indicators to check [38:13]
- Troy’s advice for people on setting their mindset and mentality [40:56]
DesireToTRADE Top Resources
- Desire To TRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist (free checklist!)
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template!)
- DesireToTRADE Academy (exclusive training program)
How To Find Troy Bombardia?
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!