Listen to the audio episode:
5 ALGORITHMIC TRADING Lessons (learned the hard way)!
In episode 193 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I am sitting down with Alejandro, a hybrid swing and day trader that became a collaborator at Desire To Trade Academy. Today we discuss 5 trading lessons related to algorithmic trading that we learned the hard way.
Watch: Video Interview
Topics Covered In This Episode
- Who is Alejandro Pérez and has been his trading path 00:54
- Alejandro's development as an algo trader 03:38
- How to handle drawdowns when implementing an algo strategy 07:51
- Have alerts at the extremes of “normal” risk limits 10:18
- When to know your strategy stops working 12:52
- Thinking of algos strategies stats like “investment” profiles 16:18
- Turning your algos during economic events/ news 17:44
- The importance of always keep running your algos in demo even when they are already live 20:20
- How often you go back and test potential improvements to your algos 22:17
- What platform Alex uses to program his algos 25:22
- How to know that you are ready to advance to the next step with your algo strategy development 28:02
- The importance of keep working in your development process 34:55
- Having different strategies to work on different market conditions 36:12
- and much more
- Join the Academy
- Trading Assistant
- Montreal Traders Meetup
- Forex trading strategy I use
- FXPro Quant (free EA builder tool)
DesireToTRADE Top Resources
Desire To TRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist (free checklist!)
One-Page Trading Plan (free template!)
DesireToTRADE Academy (exclusive training program)
How To Find Alejandro Perez?
- DesireToTRADE Academy
- Twitter @alexter6277
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!