5 ALGORITHMIC TRADING Lessons (learned the hard way)!
In episode 193 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I am sitting down with Alejandro, a hybrid swing and day trader that became a collaborator at Desire To Trade Academy. Today we discuss 5 trading lessons related to algorithmic trading that we learned the hard way.
Watch: Video Interview
Topics Covered In This Episode
- Who is Alejandro Pérez and has been his trading path 00:54
- Alejandro's development as an algo trader 03:38
- How to handle drawdowns when implementing an algo strategy 07:51
- Have alerts at the extremes of “normal” risk limits 10:18
- When to know your strategy stops working 12:52
- Thinking of algos strategies stats like “investment” profiles 16:18
- Turning your algos during economic events/ news 17:44
- The importance of always keep running your algos in demo even when they are already live 20:20
- How often you go back and test potential improvements to your algos 22:17
- What platform Alex uses to program his algos 25:22
- How to know that you are ready to advance to the next step with your algo strategy development 28:02
- The importance of keep working in your development process 34:55
- Having different strategies to work on different market conditions 36:12
- and much more
- Join the Academy
- Trading Assistant
- Montreal Traders Meetup
- Forex trading strategy I use
- FXPro Quant (free EA builder tool)
DesireToTRADE Top Resources
Desire To TRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist (free checklist!)
One-Page Trading Plan (free template!)
DesireToTRADE Academy (exclusive training program)
How To Find Alejandro Perez?
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!