193: 5 ALGORITHMIC TRADING Lessons (learned the hard way)! (@alexter6277)
5 ALGORITHMIC TRADING Lessons (learned the hard way)!
In episode 193 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I am sitting down with Alejandro, a hybrid swing and day trader that became a collaborator at Desire To Trade Academy. Today we discuss 5 trading lessons related to algorithmic trading that we learned the hard way.
Watch: Video Interview
Topics Covered In This Episode
- Who is Alejandro Pérez and has been his trading path [00:54]
- Alejandro's development as an algo trader [03:38]
- How to handle drawdowns when implementing an algo strategy [07:51]
- Have alerts at the extremes of “normal” risk limits [10:18]
- When to know your strategy stops working [12:52]
- Thinking of algos strategies stats like “investment” profiles [16:18]
- Turning your algos during economic events/ news [17:44]
- The importance of always keep running your algos in demo even when they are already live [20:20]
- How often you go back and test potential improvements to your algos [22:17]
- What platform Alex uses to program his algos [25:22]
- How to know that you are ready to advance to the next step with your algo strategy development [28:02]
- The importance of keep working in your development process [34:55]
- Having different strategies to work on different market conditions [36:12]
- and much more
- Join the Academy
- Trading Assistant
- Montreal Traders Meetup
- Forex trading strategy I use
- FXPro Quant (free EA builder tool)
DesireToTRADE Top Resources
Desire To TRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist (free checklist!)
One-Page Trading Plan (free template!)
DesireToTRADE Academy (exclusive training program)
How To Find Alejandro Perez?
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!