Confessions Of A Champion Algo Trader – Kevin Davey
In episode 197 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I interview Kevin Davey, an algo trader & system builder. He is the author of a very well written book on the topic titled Building Winning Algorithmic Trading Systems and new book Entry and Exit Confessions of a Champion Trader.
Over his 25 years of experience, Kevin has been developing, analyzing, testing and creating trading strategies in every futures market from the e-mini S&P to crude oil to corn to cocoa. At the moment, he trades full-time for his own personal account, while helping traders around the world see more results in their trading.
Kevin contributed to the excellent trading book The Universal Principles of Successful Trading by Brent Penfold, where he was featured as a “Market Master.” That book was part of my list The Forex Trading Books That Incredibly Improved My Own Trading.
In This Algo Trader Interview, You'll Learn…
- Who is Kevin and what he does 00:35
- How was Kevin's evolution as a trader 04:24
- How Kevin went into algo trading 07:50
- How Kevin searches for trading strategy ideas 11:52
- How Kevin improves and selects his working strategies 14:20
- Why Kevin uses purely mechanical systems without discretionary filters 17:59
- How to manage the risk when running many systems 21:31
- How Kevin looks to Swing vs Day trading systems 25:06
- What metrics does Kevin look to evaluate his systems 27:09
- Kevin tells us what is the biggest mistake he sees algo traders make 28:43
- How to look at entry and exit strategies when building a strategy 31:30
- How to find Kevin and his new book 34:14
- And much more!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!
- Kevin Davey's Books
- Strategy Factory® Workshop (use our link and email us your receipt to get a special bonus from DesireToTRADE)
DesireToTRADE's Top Resources
- DesireToTRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template)
- DesireToTRADE Academy