Swing Trader Success Story (Becoming A Prop Firm Trader)
In episode 200 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I interview prop firm trader John Jost, whom I invited to share his swing trader success story.
Are you ready for it?
John is a successful swing trader & chiropractor based in Denver, Colorado. He has now earned a funded account with The5%ers prop trading firm.
His style of trading reflects around price action, major support & resistance zones, longer time frames, good risk management, and minimal to no indicators.
What's was particularly interesting for me is the fact that John has gone through the Desire To Trade Academy. He says it taught him things that he hadn't learned before.
Another course John took is the one from The Lazy Trader.
So without further ado, let's welcome him on the Desire To Trade Podcast!
In This Episode, You'll Learn…
- John's trading story 1:38
- The kind of “chart time” that makes a trader successful 6:00
- The MAJOR shift from indicators to price action 6:40
- The difficulties with price action trading 9:45
- What to do if you have a tough time with support and resistance areas 10:54
- How to wait for the right trade setup 13:14
- The BEST way to handle drawdowns 14:30
- How John began trading for a prop firm 16:10
- How to treat trading for a prop firm 20:03
- The most important risk management lesson 23:00
- Advice to jump to a live trading account 25:03
- What John wish he did differently 26:03
- The day in the life of a successful swing trader 27:25
- Habits that made John a better trader 29:14
- And much more!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!
DesireToTRADE's Top Resources
- DesireToTRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template)
- DesireToTRADE Academy