203: Using Trading Systems To Make A Living (@swelsh66)
Using Trading Systems To Make A Living
In episode 203 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I speak with Scott Welsh, a systems trader.
We discuss his story as a Forex trader as well as how he was able to develop simple systems to make a living in the market.
Are you ready for it?
In This Episode, You’ll Learn…
- Who is Scott Welsh and what he does? [02:16]
- How Scott started trading [03:23]
- How was the Scott’s transition from Stocks to Forex [05:38]
- Scott’s main mistake when learning to trade [07:04]
- Biggeset turning point in Scott’s trading career [08:31]
- How Scott handles long periods of profits or losses [12:08]
- Why Scott loves to trade with algos [13:13]
- How does Scott gets his systems programed? [15:45]
- What is Scott’s trading style [16:53]
- What are the type of things that Scott’s strategies look for [19:44]
- How does Scott monitor and review his algo strategies [22:08]
- Scott’s advice for traders going into Algo trading [23:56]
- How Scott goes from testing to trading his Algos [25:58]
- What type of equipment and technology Scott uses to run his Algos [28:53]
- Scott´s recommendations for all traders [31:14]
- How Scott manages when Algos are not working well and have to be droped [24:23]
- What Scott needs to trust his trading systems [36:59]
- How can you find Scott Welsh [38:15]
- And much more!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!
- Virtual Private Server (VPS): AccuWebHosting FXVPS
- VPN: Torguard VPN (use coupon code DTT10 for a 10% lifetime discount)
DesireToTRADE’s Top Resources
- DesireToTRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template)
- DesireToTRADE Academy