Making A Profit in Gaps & Futures Trading
In episode 205 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I interview Latoya Smith-Dean. She is a full-time futures, stocks, and Forex trader based in Boston, United States.
Latoya has been trading for over 10 years. She started trading part-time while having a full-time job in finance. After that, she quit her job to trade full time.
Are you ready for it?
“Rules within a plan should be developed based of your habits and past experience” 29:32
In This Episode, You'll Learn…
- How did Latoya Smith-Dean get involved into trading and her story to full-time trading 02:23
- What was Latoya's learning curve from going part-time to fill time trading 11:22
- Letoya's current trading style 16:28
- How Latoya trades FOREX and futures differently than stocks 19:25
- How Latoya found her mentors 19:59
- How new traders should go about finding and sticking to a mentor 22:21
- The most common mistake new traders make 24:14
- Some of the “simple” things that Latoya was missing in her development 25:56
- How Latoyamakes sure she is trading in the right times and avoid overstaying 27:08
- How hard its to implement strong rules in your plan? 30:28
- What are the things that Latoya do in order to stick to her rules 31:17
- How to trade when you have kids and other distractions at home 33:46
- Where to find and connect with Latoya 37:04
- What are Latoya's goals for the future 37:33
- Latoya's main motivation for trading and giving back to the community 40:03
- Latoya's top piece of advice for developing traders 44:19
- And much more!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!
- TheProfitRoom (use coupon code “Etienne” to get a 10% discount)
DesireToTRADE's Top Resources
- DesireToTRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template)
- DesireToTRADE Academy