205: Making A Profit in Gaps Futures Trading (@theprofitroom)
Making A Profit in Gaps & Futures Trading
In episode 205 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I interview Latoya Smith-Dean. She is a full-time futures, stocks, and Forex trader based in Boston, United States.
Latoya has been trading for over 10 years. She started trading part-time while having a full-time job in finance. After that, she quit her job to trade full time.
Are you ready for it?
“Rules within a plan should be developed based of your habits and past experience” [29:32]
In This Episode, You’ll Learn…
- How did Latoya Smith-Dean get involved into trading and her story to full-time trading [02:23]
- What was Latoya’s learning curve from going part-time to fill time trading [11:22]
- Letoya’s current trading style [16:28]
- How Latoya trades FOREX and futures differently than stocks [19:25]
- How Latoya found her mentors [19:59]
- How new traders should go about finding and sticking to a mentor [22:21]
- The most common mistake new traders make [24:14]
- Some of the “simple” things that Latoya was missing in her development [25:56]
- How Latoyamakes sure she is trading in the right times and avoid overstaying [27:08]
- How hard its to implement strong rules in your plan? [30:28]
- What are the things that Latoya do in order to stick to her rules [31:17]
- How to trade when you have kids and other distractions at home [33:46]
- Where to find and connect with Latoya [37:04]
- What are Latoya’s goals for the future [37:33]
- Latoya’s main motivation for trading and giving back to the community [40:03]
- Latoya’s top piece of advice for developing traders [44:19]
- And much more!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!
- TheProfitRoom (use coupon code “Etienne” to get a 10% discount)
DesireToTRADE’s Top Resources
- DesireToTRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template)
- DesireToTRADE Academy