214: Swing Trading Algorithm: How We Built & Made It Profitable!
Swing Trading Algorithm: How We Built & Made It Profitable!
In episode 214 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I sit down with Alejandro to talk about the story and process we went through developing our algorithmic trading portfolio and more specifically the Bollinger Bands Reversal strategy algorithm.
In This Episode, You'll Learn…
- Why Etienne needed an algo [01:10]
- How we got to work together [04:51]
- Story of the Trading Assistant development [08:09]
- Difficulties and issues we found along the way [10:04]
- SPONSOR: Soft4FX (manual backtesting software for MT4) [17:05]
- How we determined that something worked or not in the algo[18:15]
- How to make sure your algo is trading as it should [20:26]
- The importance in testing and letting go when developing a strategy [25:00]
- Learn from the masters and then make it yours [26:54]
- How Alejandro learned to code for himself [28:28]
- Mixing Human discretion with Algo trading (this is what top prop firms are doing) [35:13]
- Example results from the BB Reversal algo portfolio [42:27]
- The value of compounding in a portfolio [46:07]
- And much more!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!
- FXPro Quant App (free algo builder)
- TickDataSuite (high-quality data for algo backtest on MT4)
- MT4 ReportManager
- SPONSOR: Soft4FX (manual backtesting software for MT4)
Charts and Images discussed
Telegram Alert Example [8:40]
BB R Algo Portfolio Backtest Results [42:27]
BB R Algo Portfolio Compounding Backtest [46:07]
DesireToTRADE's Top Resources
- DesireToTRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template)
- Recommended brokers:
- PRO: Desire To TRADE Academy
About The Desire To Trade Podcast
- Subscribe via iTunes (take 2 seconds and leave the podcast a review!)
- Subscribe via Stitcher
- Subscribe via TuneIn
- Subscribe via Google Play
- See all podcast episodes
Learn From Us!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!