Listen to the audio episode:
Swing Trading Algorithm: How We Built & Made It Profitable!
In episode 214 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I sit down with Alejandro to talk about the story and process we went through developing our algorithmic trading portfolio and more specifically the Bollinger Bands Reversal strategy algorithm.
In This Episode, You'll Learn…
Topic intro 00:22
- Why Etienne needed an algo 01:10
- How we got to work together 04:51
- Story of the Trading Assistant development 08:09
- Difficulties and issues we found along the way 10:04
- SPONSOR: Soft4FX (manual backtesting software for MT4) 17:05
- How we determined that something worked or not in the algo18:15
- How to make sure your algo is trading as it should 20:26
- The importance in testing and letting go when developing a strategy 25:00
- Learn from the masters and then make it yours 26:54
- How Alejandro learned to code for himself 28:28
- Mixing Human discretion with Algo trading (this is what top prop firms are doing) 35:13
- Example results from the BB Reversal algo portfolio 42:27
- The value of compounding in a portfolio 46:07
- And much more!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!
- FXPro Quant App (free algo builder)
- TickDataSuite (high-quality data for algo backtest on MT4)
- MT4 ReportManager
- SPONSOR: Soft4FX (manual backtesting software for MT4)
Charts and Images discussed
Telegram Alert Example 8:40
BB R Algo Portfolio Backtest Results 42:27
BB R Algo Portfolio Compounding Backtest 46:07
DesireToTRADE's Top Resources
- DesireToTRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template)
- Recommended brokers:
- PRO: Desire To TRADE Academy
About The Desire To Trade Podcast
- Subscribe via iTunes (take 2 seconds and leave the podcast a review!)
- Subscribe via Stitcher
- Subscribe via TuneIn
- Subscribe via Google Play
- See all podcast episodes
Learn From Us!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!