Trading Success Story From The Pit
In episode 222 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I interview Market Wizard, full-time trader and ex-hedge fund manager Linda Raschke.
Linda, while being extremely good at scalping the markets, has a very interesting story of how she went from trading at a physical exchange to moving on her own and then starting a hedge fund.
She recently published her book titled “Trading Sardines: Lessons in the Markets from a Lifelong Trader” available on her website https://lindaraschke.net
In This Episode, You'll Learn…
- How did Linda start her trading career 01:51
- 1 important thing that Linda learned early in her career 04:50
- What Linda learned about herself while writing her new book 09:19
- Why Linda has so many notebooks full of texts from her trading 10:50
- How different traders go around “Journalling” their trade ideas and notes 13:35
- How did Linda build her own Hedge Fund 14:58
- How themes changed and Linda adapted to it on the institutional space 16:37
- The new trends for trading and managing money (OPM) 18:13
- Linda's advice for people who want to manage money for others 19:24
- What investors look for when approaching a money manager 21:35
- Linda´s daily habits – What keeps her at the top level 22:54
- How does Linda manage to trade the full US session? 24:12
- Linda's trading style 25:08
- Why Linda doesn't care about “missing” trades 28:48
- The reality fo developing an edge on the markets 30:52
- The great value of experience in the markets 34:17
- Where to find Linda 37:20
- What is in Linda's future 39:58
- Linda's top advice for traders – “It's an endurance game” 41:58
- And much more!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!
DesireToTRADE's Top Resources
- DesireToTRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template)
- Recommended brokers:
- Desire To TRADE Academy
About The Desire To Trade Podcast
- Subscribe via iTunes (take 2 seconds and leave the podcast a review!)
- Subscribe via Stitcher
- Subscribe via TuneIn
- Subscribe via Google Play
- See all podcast episodes
Where to find Linda Raschke!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!