222: Trading Success Story From The Pit – Linda Raschke
Trading Success Story From The Pit
In episode 222 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I interview Market Wizard, full-time trader and ex-hedge fund manager Linda Raschke.
Linda, while being extremely good at scalping the markets, has a very interesting story of how she went from trading at a physical exchange to moving on her own and then starting a hedge fund.
She recently published her book titled “Trading Sardines: Lessons in the Markets from a Lifelong Trader” available on her website https://lindaraschke.net
In This Episode, You'll Learn…
- How did Linda start her trading career [01:51]
- 1 important thing that Linda learned early in her career [04:50]
- What Linda learned about herself while writing her new book [09:19]
- Why Linda has so many notebooks full of texts from her trading [10:50]
- How different traders go around “Journalling” their trade ideas and notes [13:35]
- How did Linda build her own Hedge Fund [14:58]
- How themes changed and Linda adapted to it on the institutional space [16:37]
- The new trends for trading and managing money (OPM) [18:13]
- Linda's advice for people who want to manage money for others [19:24]
- What investors look for when approaching a money manager [21:35]
- Linda´s daily habits – What keeps her at the top level [22:54]
- How does Linda manage to trade the full US session? [24:12]
- Linda's trading style [25:08]
- Why Linda doesn't care about “missing” trades [28:48]
- The reality fo developing an edge on the markets [30:52]
- The great value of experience in the markets [34:17]
- Where to find Linda [37:20]
- What is in Linda's future [39:58]
- Linda's top advice for traders – “It's an endurance game” [41:58]
- And much more!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!
DesireToTRADE's Top Resources
- DesireToTRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template)
- Recommended brokers:
- Desire To TRADE Academy
About The Desire To Trade Podcast
- Subscribe via iTunes (take 2 seconds and leave the podcast a review!)
- Subscribe via Stitcher
- Subscribe via TuneIn
- Subscribe via Google Play
- See all podcast episodes
Where to find Linda Raschke!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!