223: What It Takes To Get Funded by The 5%ers @the5erstrading
What It Takes To Get Funded by The 5%ers
In episode 223 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I interview Trader and Prop firm founder Gil Ben Hur.
Gil is the founder of The 5%ers prop firm. They are an online prop firm who looks to fund the top 5% of traders. They differentiate from other prop firms by giving you live capital from day 1 and allowing any trading style and having a 6 months evaluation program so short and long term traders can prove their skills to earn a funded account.
In This Episode, You'll Learn…
- “Luck is when preparation meets opportunity” [00:46]
- How Gil started to trade, the full story [02:26]
- How The5%ers Fund got formed [11:00]
- What is The5%ers Fund exactly [12:38]
- What obstacles did Gil face when building The5%ers [13:31]
- How to gain trust as an online Prop firm [15:55]
- How to get funded by The5%ers – step by step rules [17:59]
- Where does the money to fund the traders come from [21:36]
- Why are the rules strict for the prop firm [22:24]
- Common traits of successful funded traders [25:11]
- Key factors differentiating The5%ers from the other prop firms [26:46]
- Why restricting trading styles is a bad idea [29:28]
- Gil's philosophy around trading [31:27]
- Where to find Gil and The5%ers [35:03]
- How the future looks for The5%ers [35:48]
- What is the motivation behind The5%ers [37:32]
- And much more!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!
DesireToTRADE's Top Resources
- DesireToTRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template)
- Recommended brokers:
- Desire To TRADE Academy
About The Desire To Trade Podcast
- Subscribe via iTunes (take 2 seconds and leave the podcast a review!)
- Subscribe via Stitcher
- Subscribe via TuneIn
- Subscribe via Google Play
- See all podcast episodes
Where to find Gil Ben Hur!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!