225: Becoming A Full-Time Algo Trader @alexter6277
Becoming A Full-Time Algo Trader
In episode 225 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I interview DesireToTrade collaborator, full-time hybrid trader Alejandro Pérez.
Alejandro has been trading since 2012 and started to get into algo trading since early on, but it was recently when he made the change to mostly algo trading with some discretionary trading to complement. He is our resident algo expert at DesireToTrade and helps consult clients on developing their own algo strategies and automating their existing trading strategies.
In This Episode, You'll Learn…
- How Alejandro got involved with algo trading [01:11]
- How Etienne and Alejandro met and started collaborating [04:11]
- How to start learning algo trading [05:54]
- The importance of testing and experimenting with algo trading [09:06]
- How to backtest your Algos, step by step [11:06]
- The importance of having enough data and stats from your algos [13:30]
- How to analyze your stats [14:30]
- Treating your Algos as your employees and manage them adequately [16:22]
- Letting your Algos trade during news and holidays [18:43]
- How Alejandro uses price action + algos for hybrid trading [23:15]
- How Alejandro deals with correlated pairs and trades [24:51]
- And much more!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!
DesireToTRADE's Top Resources
- DesireToTRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template)
- Recommended brokers:
- Desire To TRADE Academy
About The Desire To Trade Podcast
- Subscribe via iTunes (take 2 seconds and leave the podcast a review!)
- Subscribe via Stitcher
- Subscribe via TuneIn
- Subscribe via Google Play
- See all podcast episodes
Where to find Alejandro Perez!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!