Becoming A Full-Time Algo Trader
In episode 225 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I interview DesireToTrade collaborator, full-time hybrid trader Alejandro Pérez.
Alejandro has been trading since 2012 and started to get into algo trading since early on, but it was recently when he made the change to mostly algo trading with some discretionary trading to complement. He is our resident algo expert at DesireToTrade and helps consult clients on developing their own algo strategies and automating their existing trading strategies.
In This Episode, You'll Learn…
- How Alejandro got involved with algo trading 01:11
- How Etienne and Alejandro met and started collaborating 04:11
- How to start learning algo trading 05:54
- The importance of testing and experimenting with algo trading 09:06
- How to backtest your Algos, step by step 11:06
- The importance of having enough data and stats from your algos 13:30
- How to analyze your stats 14:30
- Treating your Algos as your employees and manage them adequately 16:22
- Letting your Algos trade during news and holidays 18:43
- How Alejandro uses price action + algos for hybrid trading 23:15
- How Alejandro deals with correlated pairs and trades 24:51
- And much more!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!
DesireToTRADE's Top Resources
- DesireToTRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template)
- Recommended brokers:
- Desire To TRADE Academy
About The Desire To Trade Podcast
- Subscribe via iTunes (take 2 seconds and leave the podcast a review!)
- Subscribe via Stitcher
- Subscribe via TuneIn
- Subscribe via Google Play
- See all podcast episodes
Where to find Alejandro Perez!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!