234: Incredible Career of a Professional Trader – Courtney Smith
Incredible Career of a Professional Trader
In episode 234 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I sit down with Courtney Smith, a professional trader with over 50 years of experience in the markets.
Courtney was joining me from his hotel room in Dubai. He is the world’s most sought after investment trainer and has trained over 10,000 students.
He is also the author of 10 investment books and produces a 5 star rated podcast. He was the treasurer of a Swiss bank, head of global derivatives for a major French bank, and head of research for two American brokers. He has been the CEO of two brokerage houses.
With the intro done, let's get started!!!
In This Episode, You'll Learn…
- Who is Courtney Smith and what he does [00:45]
- How did Courtney get involved with trading [1:39]
- Courtney's transition from “dabbling” in the market to learning successfully [3:13]
- How Courtney learned to trade [04:15]
- What tools did Courtney use to test his trading ideas [06:09]
Courtney's trading stile in the 70's -80's [08:16]
- What has changed on how Courtney analyses the markets today VS in the past [09:18]
- How Courtney's professional career evolved [10:40]
What advantages did institutions use to had vs retail traders [12:08]
- Should traders specialize in a product or trade different assets? [15:06]
- What are the top challenges that traders face [16:41]
- What would be the most important thing Courtney would teach traders [21:09]
- How to look to improve your trading using your trading data [24:33]
- What is Courtney's current trading style [26:59]
- Courtney's approach at tracking his trading stats [27:24]
- Courtney´s trading philosophy [27:44]
- Why Courtney sees himself as a Manager instead of a Trader [29:58]
- “Follow the rules and execute flawlessly” [21:58]
- Where can you find Courtney Smith [32:39]
- What are Courtney's goals for the future [32:47]
- What is Courtney's main motivation to trade [33:27]
- Courtney's top piece of advice for traders [35:41]
- And much more!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!
DesireToTRADE's Top Resources
- DesireToTRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template)
- Recommended brokers:
- Desire To TRADE Academy
About The Desire To Trade Podcast
- Subscribe via iTunes (take 2 seconds and leave the podcast a review!)
- Subscribe via Stitcher
- Subscribe via TuneIn
- Subscribe via Google Play
- See all podcast episodes
Where to find Khaled Maziad!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!