234: Incredible Career of a Professional Trader – Courtney Smith
Incredible Career of a Professional Trader
In episode 234 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I sit down with Courtney Smith, a professional trader with over 50 years of experience in the markets.
Courtney was joining me from his hotel room in Dubai. He is the world’s most sought after investment trainer and has trained over 10,000 students.
He is also the author of 10 investment books and produces a 5 star rated podcast. He was the treasurer of a Swiss bank, head of global derivatives for a major French bank, and head of research for two American brokers. He has been the CEO of two brokerage houses.
With the intro done, let's get started!!!
In This Episode, You'll Learn…
- Who is Courtney Smith and what he does 00:45
- How did Courtney get involved with trading 1:39
- Courtney's transition from “dabbling” in the market to learning successfully 3:13
- How Courtney learned to trade 04:15
- What tools did Courtney use to test his trading ideas 06:09
Courtney's trading stile in the 70's -80's 08:16
- What has changed on how Courtney analyses the markets today VS in the past 09:18
- How Courtney's professional career evolved 10:40
What advantages did institutions use to had vs retail traders 12:08
- Should traders specialize in a product or trade different assets? 15:06
- What are the top challenges that traders face 16:41
- What would be the most important thing Courtney would teach traders 21:09
- How to look to improve your trading using your trading data 24:33
- What is Courtney's current trading style 26:59
- Courtney's approach at tracking his trading stats 27:24
- Courtney´s trading philosophy 27:44
- Why Courtney sees himself as a Manager instead of a Trader 29:58
- “Follow the rules and execute flawlessly” 21:58
- Where can you find Courtney Smith 32:39
- What are Courtney's goals for the future 32:47
- What is Courtney's main motivation to trade 33:27
- Courtney's top piece of advice for traders 35:41
- And much more!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!
DesireToTRADE's Top Resources
- DesireToTRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template)
- Recommended brokers:
- Desire To TRADE Academy
About The Desire To Trade Podcast
- Subscribe via iTunes (take 2 seconds and leave the podcast a review!)
- Subscribe via Stitcher
- Subscribe via TuneIn
- Subscribe via Google Play
- See all podcast episodes
Where to find Khaled Maziad!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!