248: System Trading Approach To The Markets – @thetraderisk
System Trading Approach To The Markets
In episode 248 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I interview trader & computer scientist Evan Medeiros to talk about his trading journey and share the trading lessons he learned along the way.
Evan is the founder of The Trade Risk, a financial media company that publishes research and analysis about the stock market and specializes in trading education. With 20+ years of coding experience and a B.S. in computer science, Evan brings a systematic discipline to investing in the stock market.
Let's get started!!!
In This Episode, You'll Learn…
- Who is Evan Medeiros and how he started to trade 00:29
- How Evan started trading stocks and got lucky 03:34
- What you need to do to go from losing to consistently profitable in trading 06:31
- What does a poker trader need to be able to move from poker to trading 09:18
- Why did Evan switch from being a discretionary to a systematic trader 11:26
- On the importance of the continuous improvement process 14:41
- Should a trader create their system and their strategies separately or jointly? 15:34
- What are the biggest mistakes traders do when creating or looking for systems 17:22
- What is better, really aggressive or really conservative trading 20:11
- What is the optimal number of systems for a trader to have 22:13
- How much time does it take for Evan to create and implement a new system 23:53
- How to validate the correlation between systems 25:25
- Should traders move to be more systematic traders or hybrid 27:04
- How should you approach systematic trading 30:20
- What does Evan do and offer for traders 31:15
- What are the most useful programming languages for traders 32:40
- Where can you find Evan Medeiros 35:20
- What is there in Evan's future 36:08
- Evan Medeiros top piece of advice for traders 37:27
- And much more!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!
DesireToTRADE's Top Resources
- DesireToTRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template)
- Recommended brokers:
- Desire To TRADE Academy
About The Desire To Trade Podcast
- Subscribe via iTunes (take 2 seconds and leave the podcast a review!)
- Subscribe via Stitcher
- Subscribe via TuneIn
- Subscribe via Google Play
- See all podcast episodes
Where to Find Raghee Horner?
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!