AI For Trading Forex (What You Can & Can't Do!)
In episode 261 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I sit down for a trader interview with algorithmic trader and author Dr. Ernest Chan.
Dr. Ernest Chan is an expert in the application of statistical models and software for trading currencies, futures, and stocks. Over his career, he has built and traded numerous quantitative models for investment banks and hedge funds. He Currently manages a commodity pool and individual investor accounts and is the author of Quantitative Trading, a book which covers the basics of quantitative analysis in trading strategies.
Let's get started!!
In This Episode, You'll Learn…
- Who is Dr. Ernest Chan and what has his journey intro AI and trading been 00:28
- How traders were using AI 20 years ago for trading and how it has changed over time 06:51
- Will AI will replace manual traders? 13:52
- What is the process that Dr. Chan use to generate and get his strategies into the market and the difficulties that there are when applying a strategy to live markets 15:28
- How to make sure you are not over-optimizing a strategy 23:14
- The 2 different ways of using AI for trading strategies 25:46
- What do investors prefer? AI vs Manual Trading 27:24
- What is the next step on AI for trading according to Dr. Chan 30:45
- How can you start learning about quantitative trading and AI 32:11
- Where to find Dr. Ernest Chan 34:34
- What are Dr. Chan's goals for the future 35:00
- And much more!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!
Desire To Trade's Top Resources
- DesireToTRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template)
- Recommended brokers:
- Desire To TRADE Academy
About The Desire To Trade Podcast
- Subscribe via iTunes (take 2 seconds and leave the podcast a review!)
- Subscribe via Stitcher
- Subscribe via TuneIn
- Subscribe via Google Play
- See all podcast episodes
How To Find Ernest Chan?
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!