World-Class Trading Mindset Expert
In episode 265 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I interview high-performance trading coach and author Steve Ward. Steve Ward specializes in helping people working in trading, investing, and banking to improve their decision making and to achieve and sustain high performance by utilizing the latest science, research, and practice from performance psychology, decision science, neuroscience, behavioral science, physiology, and philosophy. Since 2005 he has provided specialized coaching, training, and consultancy services to investment banks, hedge funds, asset managers, commodities trading houses, utility companies, and proprietary trading groups across the globe. He is the author of ‘Bulletproof Trader’, ‘Tradermind’, ‘High-Performance Trading’, and ‘Sports Betting To Win’; co-managed a team of 50 proprietary traders in London, and has traded FX and Stock Indicies. Check out Steve Ward's trading Psychology course starting 15th of October >> Watch the video recording!
In This Episode, You'll Learn…
- 0:14 Introduction to the podcast episode and Steve Ward
- 1:09 Who is Steve Ward?
- 2:06 What has happened in Steve's life since his last interview
- 3:32 The similarities between trading and poker
- 6:45 How to master your skills in trading
- 8:54 How your personality affects how you learn to trade
- 10:10 Main factors to success as a trader
- 13:54 Can you learn about trading mindset before learning to trade?
- 16:35 How to deal with FEAR in trading
- 19:45 How to become a profitable trader
- 22:25 Why focusing on profit is the wrong thing
- 23:59 How to build your skills and maximize your trading
- 33:36 Why the right environment is key
- 33:01 Which habits a trader needs to perform at their best
- 35:36 When and how is best to Meditate
- 38:10 Steve Ward's new Psychology Program to help traders
- 41:04 Steve's top advice for traders
- And much more!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!
Desire To Trade's Top Resources
- DesireToTRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template)
- Recommended brokers:
- Desire To TRADE Academy
About The Desire To Trade Podcast
- Subscribe via iTunes (take 2 seconds and leave the podcast a review!)
- Subscribe via Stitcher
- Subscribe via TuneIn
- Subscribe via Google Play
- See all podcast episodes
How To Find Steve Ward?
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!