268: Best Advice On Trading Discipline from a Poker Player – Tommy Angelo
Best Advice On Trading Discipline from a Poker Player
In episode 268 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I interview Tommy Angelo, a world-leading poker player & coach. He was the ideal person to discuss trading discipline & building a profitable trader mindset. World-class coach and author Tommy Angelo is considered a modern master of poker's mental game. Called “the seminal poker text of the 21st century” by The London Times, Angelo's Elements of Poker has revolutionized how serious players approach the game. Tommy has been a professional poker player since 1990. He has coached hundreds of players and written five books. >> Watch the video recording!
In This Episode, You'll Learn…
- 0:15 Interview Intro
- 1:00 Who is Tommy Angelo and what he does
- 3:18 How Tommy got into poker as a career
- 4:03 The importance of having the drive & passion in poker and trading
- 6:18 The No. 1 thing poker players get wrong
- 7:30 Why consistency is one of the most important aspects in poker and trading
- 8:50 Bad decisions making $ vs Good decisions losing $
- 10:46 How Poker players track their performance
- 12:39 What are the best practices for trading and poker
- 16:33 How to stay top-notch with your mindset
- 19:24 The different types of meditation and how you can use them to bring awareness to your trading
- 25:10 How to use breathing and posture to improve your awareness
- 28:45 How your pre-trading routine affects your results
- 31:16 The importance of bankroll management and how to grow your account
- 36:11 How to deal with money mindset in poker
- 40:40 Where to find Tommy Angelo
- And much more!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!
Desire To Trade's Top Resources
- DesireToTRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template)
- Recommended brokers:
- Desire To TRADE Academy
About The Desire To Trade Podcast
- Subscribe via iTunes (take 2 seconds and leave the podcast a review!)
- Subscribe via Stitcher
- Subscribe via TuneIn
- Subscribe via Google Play
- See all podcast episodes
How To Find Daniel Martin?
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!