Listen to the audio episode:
Starting A Prop Trading Firm & Staying Profitable
In episode 285 of The Desire To Trade Podcast, I talk with full-time trader and prop firm trader Samuel Kavanagh. We discuss his journey toward becoming a successful trader and the things that motivated him in starting a prop trading firm.
Watch the video interview here.
Topics Covered In This Episode
- 0:15 Who is Samuel Kavanagh and what he does
- 0:36 How Sam got into trading
- 4:49 What was the turning point for Sam
- 7:12 How Sam used multiple sources of income to increase his trading
- 12:29 What were some difficult moments Sam found in his development and how he overcame them
- 17:47 What were Sam next steps after becoming a profitable trader
- 22:14 How to balance discipline with being flexible to market conditions
- 26:46 How a day in Sam´s life looks like
- 33:43 What was Sam´s motivation to develop his own prop firm
- 39:55 How Sam identifies if a trader has potential as a prop trader
- 45:09 Where to find Samuel Kavanagh
- And much more!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!
- Stop Moaning And Start Improving – by Tom Dante
- Stop Moaning And Start Improving Part 2 – by Tom Dante
Desire To Trade's Top Resources
- DesireToTRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template)
- Recommended brokers:
- Desire To TRADE Academy
About The Desire To Trade Podcast
- Subscribe via iTunes (take 2 seconds and leave the podcast a review!)
- Subscribe via Stitcher
- Subscribe via TuneIn
- Subscribe via Google Play
- See all podcast episodes
How To Find Samuel Kavanagh?
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!