303: Can You Trade Full-Time with FTMO? – Michael Toma
Can You Trade Full-Time with FTMO?
In episode 303 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, Michael Toma and I discuss whether or not you can trade full-time once you get funded by FTMO or similar prop firms.
Topics Covered In This Episode
- 0:00 Start
- 0:15 Introduction
- 0:57 What going full time as a prop firm trader entails
- 2:07 How much capital you need to trade in a prop firm
- 3:00 How to improve your equity curve to make it attractive for prop firms
- 4:30 How to scale your trading capital via prop firms and private capital
- 7:43 How to decide if its best to trade your own capital or prop firm capital
- 9:00 What risk per trade to use in a prop firm challenge/evaluation
- 12:25 What are some things you can do to improve discipline in prop firm trading
- 14:56 How long it takes to become a “professional” trader
- 16:36 Why should or should you go into crypto trading
- 20:38 How to define a “professional” trader
- 23:27 How to build a track record with a 2,000 USD account
- 24:42 Do you need fundamentals to be a successful trader?
- 27:39 Should you scalp if you have a small amount of time to trade
- 30:38 How to keep consistency as a prop trader
- 32:50 Good books on Risk Management for traders
- and much more
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!
Desire To Trade's Top Resources
- DesireToTRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template)
- Recommended brokers:
- Desire To TRADE Academy
About The Desire To Trade Podcast
- Subscribe via iTunes (take 2 seconds and leave the podcast a review!)
- Subscribe via Stitcher
- Subscribe via TuneIn
- Subscribe via Google Play
- See all podcast episodes
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!