Heikin Ashi Trader: How To Read Candlesticks (full-time trader)
In episode 312 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I sit down with Michael Toma, a Heikin Ashi trader who shares how to use Heikin Ashi candlesticks in any market. You'll learn how to read Heikin Ashi and what Heiken Ashi tells us about Humans.
Topics Covered In This Episode
- 0:00 Start
- 0:15 Introduction
- 2:18 What Heikin-Ashi candles tell you about the markets that traditional candlesticks don't
- 3:47 How Heikin-Ashi works: Example 1
- 5:28 Does Heikin-Ashi work in trending markets only?
- 6:55 Does Heikin-Ashi candle size matter?
- 8:26 How to incorporate Heikin-Ashi into your trading: Example 1
- 9:42 Why Michael doesn't care if Heikin-Ashi candles don't show the current price
- 10:44 Heikin-Ashi in play: Example 2
- 12:49 What indicators can be used to complement Heikin-Ashi
- 14:01 Are Moving Avegares + Heikin-Ashi a good mix?
- 15:06 Why Heikin-Ashi is not simply a red light – green light system
- 16:34 What timeframes does Heikin-Ashi work best in
- and much more
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!
Example 1 (EURUSD with Bollinger Bands)
Example 2 (MESU with VWAP)
Desire To Trade's Top Resources
- DesireToTRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template)
- Recommended brokers:
- Desire To TRADE Academy
About The Desire To Trade Podcast
- Subscribe via iTunes (take 2 seconds and leave the podcast a review!)
- Subscribe via Stitcher
- Subscribe via TuneIn
- Subscribe via Google Play
- See all podcast episodes
How To Find Michael Toma?
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!