Is The Trend Really Your Friend? – The answer may surprise you
In episode 317 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I sit down with Michael Toma, we discuss whether the trend really is your friend or not. Feel free to comment below with your questions to have answered during the live stream. We share an example when the trend is not your friend using Bollinger Bands and how to trade it in a reversal trading strategy.
Topics Covered In This Episode
- 0:15 Introduction
- 0:45 Why the trend may not your friend
- 3:07 Statistical analysis about trending markets
- 5:14 Does trend trading help you “follow the big money”?
- 8:06 Why reversal trading may be for you
- 9:53 How to know when to do trend trading vs reversal trading
- 12:22 Results from studies about market movements
- 13:58 Chart examples for trending and consolidating markets (watch on youtube and below)
- 19:06 Why traders fail prop firm challenges
- 20:01 Why you should try to trade both trend and reversal as a trader
- 20:46 The importance of recognizing that you need to adapt to different markets
- 21:50 How can you figure out what type of markets work best for you as a trader
- 23:28 Do forex market trends more than futures?
- and much more
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!
Desire To Trade's Top Resources
- DesireToTRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template)
- Recommended brokers:
- Desire To TRADE Academy
About The Desire To Trade Podcast
- Subscribe via iTunes (take 2 seconds and leave the podcast a review!)
- Subscribe via Stitcher
- Subscribe via TuneIn
- Subscribe via Google Play
- See all podcast episodes
How To Find Michael Toma?
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!