Listen to the audio episode:
Trading Forex For A Living Advice
In episode 328 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, Etienne interviews full-time Forex trader Jim Brown and gets his advice on trading Forex for a living. Being in Da Nang for several years, Jim has created a freedom lifestyle using Forex trading. He mostly does swing trading, but uses multiple timeframes and indicators he developed himself.
Jim Brown's books (get his indicators for free)
Previous interview with Jim Brown
In This Episode, You'll Learn…
- 0:00 Start
- 0:15 Intro
- 0:40 Who is Jim Brown and what he does
- 1:28 How has Jim's trading evolved since the last interview with Etienne
- 5:20 Why Jim Brown doesn't believe in Set and Forget EAs (Algos)
- 6:30 How Jim manages his trading EAs
- 7:42 Why expectations in trading are really important
- 11:22 The correct progression of a trader
- 12:21 Why jumping strategies don't work
- 15:52 How should you go about creating your own strategy
- 19:18 Why discretionary trading and systematic trading are both ok
- 24:27 How Jim deals with correlation when trading 28 fx pairs
- 28:03 How Jim trades Exotic currency pairs
- 34:13 Recap and where to find Jim Brow
- And much more!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!
DesireToTRADE's Top Resources
- DesireToTRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template)
- Recommended brokers:
- Desire To TRADE Academy
About The Desire To Trade Podcast
- Subscribe via iTunes (take 2 seconds and leave the podcast a review!)
- Subscribe via Stitcher
- Subscribe via TuneIn
- Subscribe via Google Play
- See all podcast episodes
How To Find Jim Brown?
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!