Trading Forex For A Living Advice
In episode 328 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, Etienne interviews full-time Forex trader Jim Brown and gets his advice on trading Forex for a living. Being in Da Nang for several years, Jim has created a freedom lifestyle using Forex trading. He mostly does swing trading, but uses multiple timeframes and indicators he developed himself.
In This Episode, You'll Learn…
- 0:00 Start
- 0:15 Intro
- 0:40 Who is Jim Brown and what he does
- 1:28 How has Jim's trading evolved since the last interview with Etienne
- 5:20 Why Jim Brown doesn't believe in Set and Forget EAs (Algos)
- 6:30 How Jim manages his trading EAs
- 7:42 Why expectations in trading are really important
- 11:22 The correct progression of a trader
- 12:21 Why jumping strategies don't work
- 15:52 How should you go about creating your own strategy
- 19:18 Why discretionary trading and systematic trading are both ok
- 24:27 How Jim deals with correlation when trading 28 fx pairs
- 28:03 How Jim trades Exotic currency pairs
- 34:13 Recap and where to find Jim Brow
- And much more!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!
DesireToTRADE's Top Resources
- DesireToTRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template)
- Recommended brokers:
- Desire To TRADE Academy
About The Desire To Trade Podcast
- Subscribe via iTunes (take 2 seconds and leave the podcast a review!)
- Subscribe via Stitcher
- Subscribe via TuneIn
- Subscribe via Google Play
- See all podcast episodes
How To Find Jim Brown?
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!