Full-Time Income From Systematic Trading
In episode 338 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I sit down with full-time trading legend Adam Grimes. Being a systematic trader with a hint of discretion, Adam has been transitioning to fully systematic trading over the past few years. You'll get to learn more about what it takes to generate a full-time income from systematic trading!
Let's get started!!!
In This Episode, You'll Learn…
- 0:00 Start
- 0:15 Introduction
- 0:35 What has Adam Grimes done since his last interview with Etienne
- 2:13 How Adam has adapted to markets moving less than before
- 6:55 How Etienne has adapted to the changing markets
- 7:32 Why a trader needs to keep evolving
- 8:30 How a high R:R can be bad for your psychology
- 10:28 Why beginner traders lose money with high R:R strategies
- 11:11 What role does creativity play in trading
- 16:16 Why AI sometimes doesn't work great in trading
- 23:21 How to beat AI with discretionary trading
- 27:46 How trading got more complicated over time
- 33:52 Does more people having access to data change the game?
- 37:20 Why Adam wants to become a systematic trader.
- 42:24 Does a systematic trader need to learn to code?
- 49:30 Where to find Adam Grimes
- 50:52 Why you need to be careful who you learn from
- And much more!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!
DesireToTRADE's Top Resources
- DesireToTRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template)
- Recommended brokers:
- Desire To TRADE Academy
About The Desire To Trade Podcast
- Subscribe via iTunes (take 2 seconds and leave the podcast a review!)
- Subscribe via Stitcher
- Subscribe via TuneIn
- Subscribe via Google Play
- See all podcast episodes
Where to find Adam Grimes!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!