Professional Trader Secrets Revealed
In episode 358 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I sit down with full-time professional trader Ali Crooks. He has been trading for close to 20 years and runs a private fund. We discuss how he sees the market, his mindset, and his techniques when it comes to backtesting, live trading, and more!
Are you ready for it?
In This Episode, You'll Learn…
- 0:15 Introduction
- 0:36 Who is Ali Crooks and what does he do?
- 1:21 What is needed to maintain successful trading for the long term
- 4:26 How successful traders deal with the realities of trading
- 6:56 How to stop making the same mistakes as a trader
- 10:57 How journaling can help you find critical patterns of a trader
- 12:46 How is Ali Crooks private fund going?
- 15:20 How managing a fund affected Ali's trading
- 17:51 Ali's top advice for traders to manage external capital
- 20:13 How to use algo trading properly
- 23:30 The reality of algo trading
- 24:28 What to expect with algo trading
- 26:54 A quick way to look at backtest results vs reality
- 29:03 Setting up expectations between backtesting and live trading
- 30:31 When should you drop a strategy if it's not working
- 34:04 Ali's advice for traders afraid of trading live
- 37:17 Common mistakes of traders
- 37:25 The importance of expectations in trading
- 43:57 How to explain drawdowns to investors
- 46:08 Where to find Ali Crooks
- And much more!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!
Desire To Trade's Top Resources
- DesireToTRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template)
- Recommended brokers:
- Desire To TRADE Academy
About The Desire To Trade Podcast
- Subscribe via iTunes (take 2 seconds and leave the podcast a review!)
- Subscribe via Stitcher
- Subscribe via TuneIn
- Subscribe via Google Play
- See all podcast episodes
How To Find Ali Crooks?
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!