The Counter-Trend Market Wizard
In episode 363 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, Etienne sits down with Market Wizards Jason Shapiro who makes a living trading for the past few decades. He was featured in the recent Unknown Market Wizards book by Jack Schwager. You’ll love this story of Jason’s counter-trend trading style!
Are you ready for it?
In This Episode, You'll Learn…
- 0:00 Its not always a bull market
- 0:15 Introduction
- 0:47 How is Jason Shapiro and what he does
- 2:01 What was Jason's start in trading
- 3:27 Why making money when you start trading can be bad
- 4:43 How Jason became profitable in trading
- 6:06 How was his transition from HSK to US stocks
- 7:52 The biggest mistake of new traders
- 9:23 Jason's motivation to succeed
- 12:07 Why you need to do your own thing
- 13:02 Why Jason almost retires from trading
- 14:42 How to get back into the markets
- 15:32 Jason's semi-systematic strategy
- 17:25 What is Jason's trading style
- 19:11 What timeframes does he trade?
- 20:20 How much time do you need to trade
- 26:08 Why Jason looks at the markets all the time
- 28:08 “There is always something” that can add risk to your trading
- 29:03 How was it like being in a “Market Wizards” book
- 32:30 What do YOU need to focus on to make it in trading
- 35:03 Why strategies are overrated
- 36:41 Are common trading tools useless?
- 38:20 How Jason takes profits
- 39:28 Where to find Jason Shapiro
- And much more!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!
Desire To Trade's Top Resources
- DesireToTRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template)
- Recommended brokers:
- Desire To TRADE Academy
About The Desire To Trade Podcast
- Subscribe via iTunes (take 2 seconds and leave the podcast a review!)
- Subscribe via Stitcher
- Subscribe via TuneIn
- Subscribe via Google Play
- See all podcast episodes
Where to find Jason Shapiro!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!