Profitable Algo Trading & Risk Management
In episode 368 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, Etienne sits down with Martyn Tinsley. He is a full-time algo trader funded by Darwinex. Martyn shares some great lessons on risk management for algo trading and how to build a good algorithmic trading portfolio.
In This Episode, You'll Learn…
- 0:15 Introduction
- 0:35 How Martyn Tinsley began his trading journey
- 3:12 Why the transition from Software Development to trading
- 4:26 How Martyn transitioned from hobby trading to full-time trading
- 4:56 What was the turning point for Martyn
- 6:40 How to approach algo trading
- 8:21 How to adapt a strategy to changing market conditions
- 9:25 How to build the right algo portfolio
- 17:56 What factors show market correlation?
- 23:09 How the efficiency frontier works for active trading (Screen Share)
- 26:54 What type of strategies do Martyn trades
- 29:34 How many strategies are enough for diversification
- 31:56 The daily work of an algo trader
- 34:07 How Martyn became one of the first funded traders in Darwinex
- 37:31 How much track record do you require to become a Darwinex trader
- 39:41 How trading large funds affects your mindset
- 43:04 Where to find Martyn
- And much more!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!
Desire To Trade's Top Resources
- DesireToTRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template)
- Recommended brokers:
- Desire To TRADE Academy
About The Desire To Trade Podcast
- Subscribe via iTunes (take 2 seconds and leave the podcast a review!)
- Subscribe via Stitcher
- Subscribe via TuneIn
- Subscribe via Google Play
- See all podcast episodes
Where to find Martyn Tinsley!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!