Listen to the audio episode:
The Highly Profitable Quant Trader – Michael Grech
In episode 383 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, we will be listening to the recording of an interview with Michael Grech, an expert quantitative trader who has been in the market for 10 years. For many years, Michael has removed the guesswork in his investing decisions. To learn how he did it, you got to watch the full interview. The video is also available for you to watch on YouTube.
Topics Covered In This Episode
- 00:16 Who is Michael Grech?
- 01:44 How he started trading
- 03:41 Michael's journey into quantitative trading
- 05:13 Parameters for profitable trading
- 09:21 Staying in the game after losing money
- 10:44 Michael's strategies
- 14:58 Coding your own algo
- 17:19 How to recover when algos that don't perform as expected
- 19:09 On variables…
- 21:31 Advice on filter strategy
- 23:37 Michael's preferences (inter-day, longer-term, etc.)
- 24:20 Dealing with algos that are not performing well
- 26:47 How many strategies make the best portfolio?
- 28:10 His thoughts on diversifying assests
- 29:17 What about those without background in coding?
- 31:44 Mistakes people make in quantitative/algo trading
- 33:23 Tips for those who want to do algo trading
- 37:03 Where to find Michael Grech (link in the description)
- and much more
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!
Desire To Trade's Top Resources
- DesireToTRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template)
- Recommended brokers:
- Desire To TRADE Academy
About The Desire To Trade Podcast
- Subscribe via iTunes (take 2 seconds and leave the podcast a review!)
- Subscribe via Stitcher
- Subscribe via TuneIn
- Subscribe via Google Play
- See all podcast episodes
How To Find Michael Grech?
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!