Making A Living Trading For 20+ Years – Adrian Reid
In episode 387 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, we will be listening to the recording of an interview with Adrian Reid who's making a living trading for 20+ years. Hear about Adrian's journey from no plans to staying in the game with simple and successful trading strategies. Find out why it's more satisfying for him to follow his systems than closing a trade. If you're looking for strategies on how to become a highly-profitable systematic trader, you need to tune in!
The video is also available for you to watch on YouTube.
Topics Covered In This Episode
- 00:15 Who is Adrian Reid?
- 00:38 Adrian's first trading experience
- 02:45 From no plan to systematic trading
- 04:43 Finding the right strategies
- 07:04 “Make it your own”
- 08:08 What makes a good system?
- 11:42 How Adrian makes a distinction between good enough and “perfect” strategy
- 13:29 Dealing with correlations in trading
- 15:16 How do you make your risk-averse personality work with trading?
- 20:16 Mistakes people make when they trade systems
- 23:32 Confidence in trading your systems
- 25:22 On drawdowns…
- 26:38 How much time Adrian puts into learning or trying out new systems
- 27:45 Algos vs. automated systematic trading
- 30:52 What Adrian likes about strategy development
- 33:33 Backtesting crypto
- 35:19 How long it takes to be profitable
- 39:11 Where to find Adrian Reid
- and much more
What adjustments will you make after listening to this podcast? Let's talk in the comments below, or join me in the Facebook group!
Desire To Trade's Top Resources
- DesireToTRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template)
- Recommended brokers:
- Desire To TRADE Academy
About The Desire To Trade Podcast
How To Find Adrian Reid?
- Adrian's Website: enlightenedstocktrading.com
- Free Resources, Course, and eBook for Listeners (Trader Transformation Bundle)
- YouTube Channel
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!