Listen to the audio episode:
Legendary Professional Trader & Market Wizard – Tom Basso
In episode 391 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, we will be listening to the recording of an interview with legendary professional trader & market wizard, Tom Basso. Long-term success in trading is not built overnight. If you want to trade full time leading to a profitable lifestyle, you can catch the best strategies from this interview with a million-dollar market wizard!
The video is also available for you to watch on YouTube.
Topics Covered In This Episode
- 00:15 Introduction
- 00:33 Who is Tom Basso?
- 03:40 How did Tom start trading?
- 05:44 From chemical engineering to trading
- 07:50 The “behind-the-scenes” in trading
- 09:57 Tom's travel and trade routine
- 11:15 When did he decide to manage funds for other people?
- 14:46 Leaving job to trade full-time
- 17:11 Mindset in transitioning from a full-time job to full-time trading
- 18:27 Raising $17 million
- 23:01 How much work did it take to build his capital?
- 25:03 The introvert trader life
- 25:27 Tom's transition to trading by himself
- 31:22 What to focus on when creating a strategy
- 32:55 Price-action and data
- 34:32 How Tom adapts to different market conditions
- 37:42 Importance of not listening to the news
- 40:00 Sweet spot on the number of trading strategies
- 41:21 Tom's wisdom for traders
- 44:19 Where to find Tom Basso? (links below)
- and much more
What did you like best in this podcast episode? Let's talk in the comments below, or join me in the Facebook group!
Desire To Trade's Top Resources
- DesireToTRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template)
- Recommended brokers:
- Desire To TRADE Academy
About The Desire To Trade Podcast
- Subscribe via iTunes (take 2 seconds and leave the podcast a review!)
- Subscribe via Stitcher
- Subscribe via TuneIn
- Subscribe via Google Play
- See all podcast episodes
How To Find Tom Basso?
- Official Twitter Account: @basso_tom
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!