“Day Trading Full-Time Using Price Levels”
In episode 424 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, we will be listening to the recording of an interview with professional day trader, Dave Floyd, and they talk about day trading full-time using price levels. Successful day traders have their share of ups and downs, but you can learn how to stay profitable with the right strategies.
The video is also available for you to watch on YouTube.
Topics Covered In This Episode
- 00:00 Introduction
- 00:45 What's new with Dave?
- 03:31 How different are pivot points from what he's working on now?
- 06:26 Using price levels to trade intra-day or other timeframes
- 07:41 Looking at price levels at the S&P 500 chart (watch the video for the screen share)
- 13:02 How do you deal with choppy days?
- 14:56 The best time to update the levels
- 16:04 Looking at the levels for day trading in the S&P and swing trading/position trading on fx
- 17:04 Choosing the pairs to trade (CAD/JPY)
- 18:30 How does he use stochastics?
- 20:51 Having an edge by being objective or subjective in trading
- 23:55 On discretion and experience, “old habits die hard”
- 25:38 Getting rid of bad habits as a trader
- 27:25 Important tips to make a living trading
- 33:15 The disadvantage of following the “stock of the day”
- 35:50 The sweet spot of instruments to trade
- 38:53 Where to find Dave Floyd? (links below)
- and much more
What did you like best in this podcast episode? Let's talk in the comments below, or join me in the Facebook group!
Desire To Trade's Top Resources
- DesireToTRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template)
- Recommended brokers:
- Desire To TRADE Academy
About The Desire To Trade Podcast
How To Find Dave Floyd?
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/@DaytraderPod
What one thing will you implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!