The Real Trading Legend
In episode 425 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, we will be listening to the recording of an interview with legendary trader, Sunny J. Harris, and she talks about coding, backtesting, and some of the most important strategies to become a successful trader. You won't hear this trading advice anywhere!
The video is also available for you to watch on YouTube.
Topics Covered In This Episode
- 00:00 Introduction
- 00:41 Who is Sunny J. Harris?
- 02:42 Making sense of trading books
- 03:27 What to do with strategies that cannot be coded
- 04:37The difference between trading before and after coding
- 06:59 Sunny's advice to traders who want to start coding?
- 07:50 Any language preference for coding?
- 08:44 The process of transferring from one platform to another
- 09:35 Where to focus your time to improve your trading
- 10:27 Any data issues during transition?
- 11:27 People using algo to trade better than those trading manually
- 13:29 Matching your trading strategy with your personality
- 14:32 Managing your trading routine
- 16:30 Sunny's new books (link below)
- 19:48 Fixing the differences between backtesting vs. live results
- 20:53 On optimizing your strategies
- 21:45 The simplicity of the Sunny Bands (dynamic moving average)
- 23:36 Where to get ideas for strategies
- 24:41 Building your strategy
- 26:36 How to find out the best period for your indicator?
- 28:20 Where to find Sunny Harris? (link below)
- and much more
What did you like best in this podcast episode? Let's talk in the comments below, or join me in the Facebook group!
Desire To Trade's Top Resources
- DesireToTRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template)
- Recommended brokers:
- Desire To TRADE Academy
About The Desire To Trade Podcast
How To Find Sunny J. Harris?
What one thing will you implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!