077: The Universal Principles Of Successful Trading – Brent Penfold
Brent Penfold: The Universal Principles Of Successful Trading
In episode 77 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I interview Brent Penfold, a futures trader based in Sidney, Australia.
Brent began trading when he joined Bank America as a trainee dealer in December 1983. It didn't take much time for him to become fascinated with the markets.
These days, Brent is a licensed Futures Adviser, specializing in trading index and currency futures, but also trades a diversified portfolio of 16 markets across 8 market sectors. What's most interesting about his trading style is that he is usually done trading by 9:30 am and has the rest of the day to concentrate on his research.
I personally found out about Brent as I came across his book The Universal Principles Of Successful Trading, which I'd highly recommend.
For this new year, I'd love if you can take a few seconds to leave a review on iTunes or Stitcher. Let me know honestly what you think of the podcast because the only way I can improve is through your reviews.
Share This!The best loser is the long-term winner. Embrace that! - Brent Penfold Click To Tweet Understand the risk of ruin, make it 0% & learn to be the best loser. - Brent Penfold Click To Tweet
In This Episode, You'll Learn…
- What are the universal principles of successful trading
- What is the principle of maximum adversity & how to use it.
- The single best measure you need to calculate about your trading.
- The common sayings in trading that aren't true.
- Brent's opinion on discretionary trading.
- Brent's simple trading routine (to be done by 9:30 am).
- Why you must step away from the screen.
- Why you need to stop researching for strategies.
- And much more!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!
Brent Penfold's Books
DesireToTRADE's Top Resources
- DesireToTRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template)
- DesireToTRADE Academy