048: A Futures Trader Who Dropped Out of School And Made It Happen – Chris Claflin
Chris Claflin: A Futures Trader Who Dropped Out of School
In episode 48 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I interview Chris Claflin, a Futures trader who dropped out of school to pursue a career as a retail trader.
Chris started to trade in College. Learning to trade wasn’t an easy task while he was pursuing studies to become a dentist. Soon, however, Chris dropped out of school as he realized he could make more money trading than working in dentistry. That was an important step forward in his trading journey.
These days, Chris is primarily a trend trader. That means he focuses on entering in the direction of strong market trends, hoping that the trend will keep going. Several traders interviewed on the Desire To Trade Podcast adopt this trading style. What distinguishes Chris, however, is that he often looks to catch up trends within a larger trend. His trades are therefore in alignment.
Win or lose, everybody gets what they want out of the market. - Ed Seykota Click To Tweet
Question & Cheat Sheet – Chris Claflin
- How Chris got introduced to Forex trading
- The danger of Forex scams
- The basics of trend trading
- Why Chris isn’t a fan or Forex and prefers futures
- Regulations, barriers to entry & more…
- What traders should focus on
- It’s about protecting your trading capital
- What it looks like to be a futures trader who dropped out of school
- And much more!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!
The music at the end of the podcast has been produced by Daniel Hoshor. If you want custom & tailor-made music for your business, make sure to check him out at www.thedannyboiexperience.com.
How To Find Chris Claflin?
About The Desire To Trade Podcast
- Subscribe via iTunes (take 2 seconds and leave us a review!)
- Subscribe via Stitcher
- See all podcast episodes