146: Master Swing Trading Full-Time Or With A Job (@PaulJSingh)
Master Swing Trading Full-Time Or With A Job
In episode 146 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I interview day & swing trader Paul Singh from San Diego. We dive specifically into how to master swing trading full-time or doing it while having a full-time job.
To know more about Paul and his transition to swing trading full-time, listen to this prior episode of the podcast:
In today’s podcast, we are going a bit more into his swing trading practices. In addition to mastering swing trading, Paul decided to jump into day trading at some point after going full-time to spend as many activities while running and being responsible for swing trading at Bulls on Wall Street.
He has been able to help a lot of traders understand swing trading and do things right which means he’s doing the research beforehand, getting into the market with the proper mindset and executing properly, which is exactly what he shares about in this interview.
Topics Covered In This Episode
- Who Paul is, what he does, and how he has been trading 2:07
- How day trading is different from swing trading 4:10
- Paul’s set-up for swing trading 8:12
- Instances when Paul cuts his trade short 15:07
- What Paul specifically looks at when buying a pullback 16:33
- Signs Paul looks at when he’s getting pullbacks 20:30
- Paul’s trading and non-trading habits that support his trading 22:12
- What a typical day of a trader having a full-time job is 26:59
- Doing the prep work for trading 28:48
- Trading stocks versus trading forex 30:05
- Longer-term trading 33:13
- Paul’s view on leverage 36:31
- Dealing with few days of big losses in his account 38:01
- Books Paul recommends 41:06
- Starting point and choosing profit targets 45:52
- Favorite EMAs and tools Paul uses 48:26
- How Paul “experiments” 49:35
- Article: Part-Time Trading Made Easy – Bulls on Wall Street
- Book: Trading in the Zone
- Book: Trading Mindset
- Book: The Obstacle Is the Way
DesireToTRADE Top Resources
- Desire To TRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist (free checklist!)
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template!)
- DesireToTRADE Academy (exclusive training program)
How To Find Paul Singh?
- Swing Trading Alerts at Bullsonwallstreet.com
- Blog: Pauljsingh.com
- Part-time trading series: 30 Days to Master Part-Time Swing Trading
- Email: Singhjd1@aol.com
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!