“These Principles Can Make Any Trader Successful”
In episode 260 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I sit down for a trader interview with full-time systematic trader Brent Penfold.
Brent began trading when he joined Bank America as a trainee dealer in December 1983. It didn't take much time for him to become fascinated with the markets. These days, apart from trading over 30 markets across 8 market sectors covering commodities, indices, and currency futures Brent is an advisor to wholesale clients. What's most interesting about his trading style is that he is usually done trading by 9:30 am and has the rest of the day to concentrate on his research.
Let's get started!!
In This Episode, You'll Learn…
- What has happened in Bent's life since his last interview 00:40
- What Brent's new book brings to the table to help traders improve 03:10
- How Brent managed to make his trading in a way that gives him freedom 06:11
- What would Brent recommend traders who want to become more systematic 08:11
- How much evidence does a trader require to trade a systematic strategy 11:46
- How to handle ideas that don't work and find what works 17:58
- The importance of knowing your Risk of Ruin 19:42
- Why a small % risk of ruin can be a big issue for traders 24:40
- What it takes to become a good loser in trading 25:10
- What is a key principle of trading that is rarely talked about – Humility – 27:32
- “The worst thing that can happen to a trader is instant success” 30:02
- Where to find Brent Penfold 31:29
- And much more!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!
Desire To Trade's Top Resources
- DesireToTRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template)
- Recommended brokers:
- Desire To TRADE Academy
About The Desire To Trade Podcast
- Subscribe via iTunes (take 2 seconds and leave the podcast a review!)
- Subscribe via Stitcher
- Subscribe via TuneIn
- Subscribe via Google Play
- See all podcast episodes
How To Find Brent Penfold?
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!