Building Winning Algorithmic Trading Systems
In episode 67 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I interview Kevin Davey, an algorithmic trading system builder, and trader. He is the author of the bestseller book Building Winning Algorithmic Trading Systems.
The number of trading systems developed by Kevin is impressive. At the time of recording the interview, he had 95 trading strategies live. That's surprising, isn't it?
Nevertheless, over his 25 years of experience in trading, Kevin has been developing, analyzing, testing and creating trading strategies in every futures market from the e-mini S&P to crude oil to corn to cocoa. At the moment, he trades full-time for his own personal account, while helping traders around the world see more results in their trading.
Kevin contributed to the excellent trading book The Universal Principles of Successful Trading by Brent Penfold, where he was featured as a “Market Master.”
Recommended Watch: 2019 interview with Kevin Davey!
Share This!The simplest solution tends to be the best one. - @kjtrading Click To Tweet Treat trading like a business - @kjtrading Click To Tweet
In This Episode, You'll Learn…
- How Kevin started with automated systems trading
- How he lost $1,500 on a $5,000 account in a single week!
- The myth of algorithmic trading & trading psychology.
- The step-by-step process Kevin uses to build winning algorithmic trading systems.
- The main tasks of an automated system trader.
- How Kevin was able to build several algorithmic trading systems.
- What most traders do wrong when trying to create a trading system.
- And much more!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!
- Kevin Davey's Book: Building Winning Algorithmic Trading Systems, + Website: A Trader's Journey From Data Mining to Monte Carlo Simulation to Live Trading (Wiley Trading)
DesireToTRADE's Top Resources
- DesireToTRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template)
- DesireToTRADE Academy