Professional Forex Trader's Priceless Lessons
In episode 331 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, I sit down with professional trader Akil Stokes. He has built his Forex trading career for more than a decade and has helped thousands of traders perform at their best in the markets.
Akil is the kind of person who takes a no-bs & realistic approach to professional Forex trading. He is also a big believer in continuous improvement as traders. Watch the interview until the end for some priceless advice from a professional Forex trader.
More Interviews with Akil Stokes
In This Episode, You'll Learn…
- 0:15 Introduction
- 0:23 Who is Akil Stokes and what he does
- 1:38 What is the biggest difference with Akil since the last interview with Etienne
- 3:00 How does “trading simply” looks like
- 4:33 Does Akil still trade advanced chart patterns
- 5:12 Why it is important to have multiple skills
- 6:20 What type of markets do advanced patterns work best
- 7:09 What Akil thinks of Fundamentals in trading
- 8:15 Why Akil hasn't transitioned to Cryptocurrency trading
- 10:25 Has Forex Trading become obsolete?
- 11:35 How can you know if a market is going to be volatile or not
- 12:17 What are the top mistakes traders make when learning
- 14:06 How does Akil keep his top-notch mindset
- 15:45 How becoming a father affected Akil's trading
- 17:16 What is Akil's routine during the holidays
- 19:29 How can you use “volume” data in Forex trading
- 21:40 Why you need to keep improving your strategies over time
- 23:05 How often does Akil tweak his strategies
- 24:07 How can you shorten your learning curve
- 25:49 Why Backtest and demo are not a waste of time
- 27:40 How to get in contact with Akil
- And much more!
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!
DesireToTRADE's Top Resources
- DesireToTRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template)
- Recommended brokers:
- Desire To TRADE Academy
About The Desire To Trade Podcast
- Subscribe via iTunes (take 2 seconds and leave the podcast a review!)
- Subscribe via Stitcher
- Subscribe via TuneIn
- Subscribe via Google Play
- See all podcast episodes
How To Find Akil Stokes?
What is one thing you are going to implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!